Thursday, February 18, 2016
11 Food Storage Treasures
Infectious diseases are the number one cause of death during a prolonged disaster. Although there are some amazing remedies we can turn to and use if illnesses set in, food is the best way to prevent illnesses from taking root in the first place.
There are 11 specific food storage tips that I've put together that I believe are important enough that they can be considered true food storage treasures.
I briefly cover these 11 treasures in the video below:
To summarize, the 11 treasures are:
1. Store a variety of grains. By doing so, we are able to get broad spectrum of nutrients that our bodies need in order to thrive.
2. Mix grains. By mixing our grains we are able to create a food that supplies us with nutrients that are comparable to meat!
3. Sprout grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes. Sprouting increases the nutrients in these grains, nuts and seeds by up to 2000%!
4. Make nutritionally bio-available breads. By using a few simple preparation methods, breads can be made in a way where the nutrients in them are far more bio-available than they otherwise would have been.
5. Upgrade basic food storage foods. By upgrading these foods, we are able to get more nutrients and will be able to use medicinal properties found within some of these unadulterated foods.
6. Store nutrient-packed superfoods.
7. Use the foods you have stored to make nutritious drinks like electrolyte drinks, beet kvass, rejuvelac, and more.
8. Store heirloom seeds and "garden boosters" to make sure you can grow plenty of food.
9. Use your produce to make lacto-fermented produce.
10. Healthy fats are critical to good health. We can have access to healthy fats by growing a hand full of important foods that provide us these healthy fats.
11. Store cooking tools and supplies that allow you to preserve fuel and cook indoors.
My food storage treasures eBook titled, Food Storage Powerhouse, is currently available from my Healthy Preparedness store. The full version of this book, in paperback form, will be available Spring of 2016.
As always, I hope this information will be a blessing to you and your family,
Like my Facebook page here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here.