There seem to be a lot of children and adults dealing with bladder infections right now. Our youngest just had a bladder infection (frequent urination, burning when urinating, bladder spasms) and we were able to kick they symptoms within a day and get rid of it completely within 3-4 days. Here's what we used:
- 1 dropperful (15 drops) of Goldenseal tincture
- 2 dropperfuls (30 drops) of Echinacea tincture
- 1 dropperful (15 drops) of Uva Ursi tincture
- 1 dropperful (15 drops) of Plantain tincture
I gave her the remedies, in some water, added some liquid stevia to make it more palatable, and gave it to her every 1-2 hours the first day. About 4-6 times the next day. Twice the following day. Once after that. (My daughter is 9. I'd use the same dosage for an adult. I'd cut it in half if they're 6 or under.)
Goldenseal and Echinacea kill the bacteria (and boost the immune system). Uva Ursi supports the kidney's and bladder. Plantain helps draw out the infection.
When treating the body, it works best to use a combination of something that supports the symptoms (or affected organs), something that hits the pathogen(s) causing the issue, and something to help draw the infection out of the body. That's why this remedy worked so well.
Tincture's can be purchased online or at health food stores. I made the tinctures myself by purchasing the herbs from online herbal companies. (Place herbs in jar. Cover with 80 or 100 proof vodka until it covers the herbs about 2 inches over the top. Shake every day or so for 4 weeks. Strain. Label jar. Keeps indefinitely. Use as needed.)
Other options for bladder infections would be:
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Homeopathic remedy called Cantharis (use before the infection sets in too deeply)
- D-mannose (all natural extracted sugar from cranberries) Actually makes your urine acidic so the bacteria can't attach to the walls. 1 pill a day to prevent. If your feel the onset take 3-4 pills 4 times a day until gone. (Thank you Kamrah for this info.)
- Liquid Kelp can also kick out a bladder infection.
**Read info about Uva Ursi online - there are some warnings about it but you'd have to use quite a large amount to get any negative side affects from it.